Thursday 21 June 2012

Okay so the rain is so depressing, I was sitting on the grass yesterday in the sun watching my son's football game and today has been pouring with rain since 6 o'clock this morning. It's hard to stay focused when all you want to do is turn on the fire. I've been challenged however with a very unusual project. Did anyone ever hear of a weighted blanket? Well basically it's a blanket that has pockets with beads or something inside which makes the blankets quite heavy. It's used for children or indeed adults who have sensory problems.

So as you may or may not know, my daughter Sophie has special needs and loves the weighted blanket that we had on loan from her occupational therapist last week. So at her session on Wednesday her OT suggested that I could make one, as they are around €180 - €220!!!! and even though she would be entitled to one it could be a long long long wait as Special Needs kids aren't exactly top of the HSE's list.

So a quick visit to my local Asian store and a 5kg bag of rice later I'm all good to go with starting this project this weekend. I think I've figured out a good way to make this and hope that it goes as well in my sewing room as well as it is in my head!

I'll check in soon with photos :)

Enjoy the weekend and for everyone in Ireland, just think of how much we are saving on buying sunscreen and the worst parental job in the world, applying it to kids who don't want it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment