Friday 4 January 2013

Granny here I come

I've been wanting to try the Granny Square Block for some time, but with the Christmas rush I knew it was going to be the New Year before I got around to it. So I attacked my boxes of scraps and cut out what was needed for my first one.

I ordered some heavenly Kona Coal from Cindy at Fluffy Sheep Quilting and got cutting. I found it much easier than I thought to put together and I love the pop of colour against the grey. I might try adding a bit of stitching detail around the pink blocks. So here's my first one and hopefully I'll keep at it :)


5 comments:

  1. That block looks brilliant. Love those colours and you are right, they look so good against the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Geraldine, like the colours, they pop for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Granny's are so much fun!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granny squares would be fabulous done in those colours. They really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors you're using are spectacular! Lovely with the coal background!

    ReplyDelete