Sunday 22 July 2012

The sun was shining here in Dublin yesterday and it was so lovely to sit outside with a cuppa and the papers. Today not so nice but it's not supposed to rain so I think we will go to the zoo with Sophie. I wonder will she have any interest in the animals this time round. I went with her a couple of years ago and she wouldn't look in the direction of any of the animals. So it will be interesting.

My boy Jack has been on holiday for a week now with my sister in Portugal, he's having a great time with his cousins but I miss him very much. I'm not used to him being away but texting is great and I'm so glad at least one of us is getting a holiday. Slightly jealous too, but mostly pleased for him :)


I'm making steady progress with my cream and greens quilt. I'm really enjoying it and it's coming together nicely. I love the design stage and spend so much time going through various sketches, this photo is about my 4th attempt at a design that I was happy with.


I'm working with a great palette of colours, green being one of my favourite made this quilt extra cool to design. It's for a lovely lady who completely understands the whole process and knows that handmade means a quilt can't be turned out in a week.


It's the first time I've used this particular block and it won't be the last, I love it. I've done this shape before but it is the first time I used it as a single piece and it works great.


This is the halfway stage of the piecing process, it's a large quilt at 2m x 1m so the left side will be replicated on the right and already it's looking nice and balanced.

When this is finished I have 3 baby boy quilts to make and I got some lovely fabric to add to my already great stash of blues and reds. I also had a little flurry of online shopping with Cindy at Fluffy Sheep Quilting. So I'm looking forward to the post coming next week. I also picked up some beautiful pinks and lilacs yesterday.

I'll post up more photos of this green quilt when I'm further along. Have a great Sunday everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment