Monday 10 September 2012

Well the rain hasn't stopped all morning and after the fabulous weather on Saturday it's a little hard to take. I was hoping that it might last another week. I finished the last of my baby boy quilts and I'm really happy with it.

Just as I finished the quilt top I was reading Judith's blog post Just Jude: A Vintage Year! and was inspired to try my hand at straight line quilting. I loved Judith's quilt and how she quilted it. So after a couple of questions and some great advice from Judith, I finished mine. I was unsure of how to do the border, but the parallel lines look great and I hope the beautiful baby boy himself will love his gift.




This is certainly not going to be my last foray into straight line quilting, I loved it and will be trying it again soon. 

I have a lot of stock that needs replenishing and will be working on that for the coming weeks in preparation for Christmas fairs. I know I know, it seems a bit early but the time is flying. 

Hope you all have a great week, I'm expecting some fab fabric later on this week so I will post up my latest and LAST fabric purchases for the next couple of months.


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant pics G! Thanks for the mention. Btw, do you know you can reply to Susan directly from your email, rather than here on your blog? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started thinking about Christmas too and it's freakin' me out!

    Gorgeous quilt finish! Perfect for a little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border really makes it stand out. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete